Sunday 2 December 2012

I Am The Lucky One ~ AustraLian Aviation CoLLaGe (AAC ParafieLd AustraLia)

I Am The LucKy One ~ "AustraLian AviaTion CoLLAGE (AAC ParafielD, AustraLia)



Such a good day for me today as I got to finish up my work with DCA, Spend Time with my CFO n her FamilY, Got a CooL "NiKe CombaT Gear TsHirT, N meetinG anD having dinner witH a Friend of mine.. So , tonight's (hurmm it became today as I sLept half through it, editing lar ni skranG) TittLE wiLL be regarding my Experiences in AustraLia, DurinG my training days as, Just now a long lost friend from Australia, from batch AAC 4 i think, Wan Nurnizam a.k.a WanBuLu, sent me a message, telling me that he's been following some of my storieS n wishing me luck..


 WeLL brother, tonight's (today's) story, even its not regarding you, but, I'm dedicatinG it for you, your famiLy & aLL our collegues who are far away from Malaysia.. And, lots of prayers for you guys who are in Dubai, who away from homE, finding experience n honest livinG there.. May One day, the love of your love ones in Malaysia will lead you guys back home again where you should be.. "AusTraLian Aviation Collage" As I try to remember the days during my training in AustraLia, I remember the name "John HEiniger", my first Instructor Pilot.. A nice chap, he really look like the actor "Tom HAnks"..

My First "GRob G 115


It was the first time ever I left Malaysia, to be in another country for a while.. But Lucky me, I was with 18 friends (BAtch MAS 6), that are so humble, caring & HelpfuL.. As we arrived (memory a bit blurred), we were greeted by our seniors, at the time there were MAS 4 and MAS 5 ( 2 batches were already there before us, N the one guy who was in MAS 5 was my room mate in UIA n we called Him Alban) To welcome us, Wan BuLu is one of the guys responsibLe larr kowTT hehe.. But someone brought us out to AdeLaide town the next nite for introduction, N of course, the first place they took us is to the semi red light area in AdeLaide, The "HinDLEY StreeT"..



AdeLaide doesn't have those joints like in Amsterdam or FrankfurT, just that the street is fuLL of pubs, cLubs, eNtertaitment outLets, but most ImportantLy, A Famous strip cLub, the cLub is caLL "Crazy Horse".. At that time I was 18, stiLL a VIGiN N so naive, I was thinking to my seLf why lar this people bring us to see Horses at night.. OwH, I didn't know I'd became that horse my seLf that night.. HaiYYA.. ALAMAK ALAMAK..


My Tobago

Every one's mouth was open aLL the way from entering untiL leaving the place, tHe Flowers dispLay there was so HurmMmm".. they seLL fLowers there (coverline nanti mama baca).. At thE time, AdeLaide was stiLL a very racist state in AustraLia.. Where some still don't like the smell of Asians, LuckiLy there are some that do.. (Once during our training, some guy was shooting at us from his house, a 4WD came N try to rammed us whiLe we were playing footballs n many others).. As we started our TRainning, we were told regarding 2 AAC cadets (they called us cadets), just crash N died a few weeks before we arrived.. (Not a good news to be teLLing newbies Pilot huh)..

We were aLso toLd that, at night, never to do aircraft check aLone, because some stiLL see those 2 guys hanging around around the aircraft area, checkinG the aircraft themself.. KindA scarY n sad at the same time, as they were Good friends to many.. Classes was as usual and we will have small exams every week and Big exams at every end of the months.. At times, before starting my practicaL flying class, I wouLd go watch airplanes takinG ofF and landing near the ParafieLd Tower.. I enjoyed watching them, as, they were Like birds fLying in the sky :)"..


My Trinidad


But agaiN, I am always afraid of heights.. "Whats gonna happen to me tomorrow when I start my 1st flying lesson.? hurmmm"..i thought, There's also this cafe or A smaLL pub on the ground floor of the tower, which is having some Poker Machines and a pooL table.. N I just loved PooL.. I thought this is where I'm going to spend my time when I'm not flYing, became good frens with this Aussie's fLyers.. I smiled at them askinG them If I couLd join in for a game.. unknowingLy the AussiE's ruLes of playing.. "They look Like cooL dudes", I thought.. So when it's my turn to pLay, I really punch a hole through the pool balls made it scattered all over the tables..

When its the aussiE guy's turns to play.. He just puts it in one after another after another, untiL there was no more baLLs on the table.. YEaY!!! I cheared for him.. but everyone was shockeD n quiet.. I can hear the sound of whispers.. EverYone was Looking at me.. The guY came n whispered, "BoY, don't you know the aussie ruLes".. I said, "WhaT" , with a griN..happily trying to arrange another round of game for us.. HE said, "If you loose, without putting even 1 ball in, u have to run naked around the pooL table".. he GrinNEd.. I shouted "HaaAARgG"..


My First Twin ~ The Mighty DutcheSs

The sTory ENDs larr..takkan AbG Naz naK cerita how I ran n ran until got semi moLested by them hee :D (sampai kena tanGkap n kena goMoL by them).. isK aDeHH.. :P YeaHH N I never go to that pub again.. PracticaL training was fun, my instructor John Heineger was realLy like a cooL dude.. teaching me step by step, even making it feeL much easier than driving a car.. As the plane took ofF, the feeLing of "scared of heights" was no more there, ONLY the feeling of joy being up in the air, flying through cLouds n looking at everything like a bird in the sky.. He was such a good instructor making me feeL at home in the skY above.. At that time we we flying the AlL mIgthy "GroB FiGhter G-115" as our basic training plane.. ( a semi aerobatic airpLane)..

I also got a chance to learn Basic aerobatic Later after that, if I can recaLL we each had around 10 - 15 hours or basic aerobatic lessons using their "Cap 10" type of pLAne.. wow such a cooL RiDe.. And I actuaLLy did lost concious for a few seconds Once, after doing a straight non stop of 10 Loops, b'cause puLLing to much "G".. not 'g' spot aRR.. "G" spot I'm good at it laRR :P .. Through aLL that time in AdeLaide.. we had our moments.. Where a friend hit a smaLL KangarOO during Landing, another had a smaLL crash, another just never manage to take off, "Senoque" larr tu (his name).. Many guys hit small birds durinG fLying, but, we were surpriSe Like HeLL when one of us hit a bird with his tennis baLL while playing tennis, haha, who do that!?!.. So, untiL know we caLLed him "BirD".. 

Every one was given a nick name there, as, each must have (mcm citer Top Gun kannn).. So, when I was asked whats my nick wouLd be.. I just stupidLy answered, Err "E.G".. They asked me what does it stand For.? I kepT quiet, never answered.. Everyone was caLLing me E.G without knowingLy.. UntiL before finishing the training onLy I told them.."It' 'ExTRA GEorgeouS' Larr guys, more gorGeous than any one of u guys!?!" haha, "N u guys been caLLing me that aLL this while without knowinG" hehe .. Wow, I learn to be obsessed with my seLf from AdeLaide Lagi larr kan..hahaha.. A batch mate of mine was so smaLL that he have to put a Lot of pillows under his seat, otherwise he can't even steer the pLane and see .. hahaha so cute, so smaLL.. As he is from KeLAntaN.. his EngLish, alamak, u just imagine Kelantanese EngLish with Aussie dialect.. Isk isk isk :D".. Sorry arr Jep Burung..


My Aeorobatic a/c "CaP10"


But not all of us made througH.. as, some had to leave un finish, and.. we were all sad to see that happened.. What else can I tell you about the training days there.. hurmm, Beers are cheaper than coca coLA.. Aussie gurLs thinks they look pretty which they don't.. AusSie guys are cooL.. The food there sucks.. but the one we have in our canteen was the best.. WeYY I gain about 6 kGs there larr.. MAS rUlLes there as we had 7 batches of cadets, from MAS 4 to MAS 10.. There were also cadets from Indonesia Sempati Air, MauritiuS Air, Oman, Korean Air n others.. N MAS was the lowest paid bunch of cadets, as we onLy gets Aussie Dollar 150 per month as compared to the OMAn's getting aussie doLLar 1000 plus every months.. Even the IndonesiaN sempati Air got almost doubLe than us.. Hahaha..

We worked hard and played hard there, as, we onLy have we to reLy on over there.. But In the short moments we have there, made me realLy missed it so mucH, as that was the onLy time when I was fLying for myself, fLying for me.. Boss, thanK you for the great experience you had given me, the great friends n great company's.. Those moments in AdeLaide, when it was stiLL a cowboy town.. It was cooL.. I'LL remember those days forever :)"..

If you guys have time N some money, take up fLying larr.. U dont need to get through untiL the fuLL airline transport pilot license, just a student pilot licence, will abLe to make you get to fly alone (its only around 20 hours of flying).. A PPL (private pilot license makes you abLe to take friends but you can't charge them money) and that, another maybe some little more flying hours required.. A full CPL (commercial pilot license may require about 200 plus hours) and many exams, but then you can start charging people you fly.. You don't need this to enjoy fLying :)"..

My Dream Bird ~ "Cessna Citation"

UntiL now, i had almost 10 thousanD hours (i thinK), but that 1st 200 hours of flying was the best of hours for me.. So Guys, Enjoy your weekends, just smile, have fun..spend quality times with family or friends.. Don't just sit at home n watch T.V or get lost in the mAtrix of live.. Go out n enjoY k.. Abang Naz Signing oFF again.. n again.. n again.. Lots OF ♥ , HUgS & KisseS ~ 143 ~ Salamzzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment